This project is read-only.

Error when Deploying the WSP solution

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Hi,

I am running the following command

stsadm -o addsolution -filename C:\SharePointRsync.wsp

I am getting the following error

"Feature defined with id <ID in here> failed validation. file "sync Content Type\manualsyncmenu.xml", line 24, character 10: The element "Custom//schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/" . List of possible items expected: UrlAction in namespace "http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/".
C:\SharePointRsync.wsp: The solution installation failed.

Please help
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 1:41 AM
What version of sharepoint are you running and what version of the WSP are you using?
Sep 17, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I am running SharePoint 2007 and i am trying to install SPRSynch v2.0 , i also tried version 1.9 but no luck.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 3:59 AM
This solution won't work on 07 you will need to go back pretty far in the releases to get it to work (at least 1.8). You can also remove the manualsyncmenu xml that adds the ribbon button since this is not supported in 07 given that there is no ribbon in that version. I will update the front page since I didn't realize I said this was supported in 07 without stating which version.
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:54 AM
jkuter wrote:
This solution won't work on 07 you will need to go back pretty far in the releases to get it to work (at least 1.8). You can also remove the manualsyncmenu xml that adds the ribbon button since this is not supported in 07 given that there is no ribbon in that version. I will update the front page since I didn't realize I said this was supported in 07 without stating which version.
Cheers, it Worked :) thanks