This project is read-only.

Steps on how to use the tool

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Hi All,

Please can someone assist me as i'm struggling with the way on how to use this tool. Basically what i'm looking for are steps on how to using, because i know that i first need to deploy the wsp then add the safecontrol on the web.config file but then from there on i get lost, as i don't know what to do nor how to activating the tool.

Please can someone help me and provide me with the document as there isn't any!

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The steps are listed on the homepage of this project.  Most of my projects are being shared as a starting point for other developers and though this one "should" work in a generic sense for everyone there are conditions where it will not.

After it is installed you will need to manually activate the feature via stsadm or powershell (its not visible in the site settings though you could change this in the code).  Once you do that a list will be created where you can add entries to it for sync items (one is already added as a default when its activated).

Good luck.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Thanks J, as i managed to finally understand the instructions from the front though hence i think my issue is the stsadm command part which i can't access. And the reason for that is, i only do config and administration not coding. So i only managed to get the wsp deployed and accessing the Sync Content Feature which i activated and created a custom list which uses that synchronization job item list. But now, it tells me that i need to use the farm account which i've been using and even granted both the farms accounts farm rights on both environment, 2007 & 2010.

Now i'm assuming that once i can get the stsadm command for registering the sync list that might also help me with the Access Deny issue?

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM

The sync process is an owstimer job so it will run as whatever account that service is running as.  That means that the account will need access to any location which it is syncing from.