Sharepoint Rsync List

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:57 AM
"Safecontrol line must be added in web.config for the menus and manual sync page to work" Could you please let me know what exactly i have to add and how i have to do this? I get "file not found" if I run an immediate sync, and the scheduled sync error is "The path is not a legal form". I guess this is because i didn^t do the safecontrol part? Thanks for help!
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM

The safecontrol line in your web.config should look like this:

<SafeControl Assembly="SharePointRsync, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6ef6cf8f9143533e" Namespace="SharePointRsync" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:43 AM

To deploy the solution I have followed these steps:

* 1.- Install wsp

* 2.- Safecontrol line must be added in web.config adding the file ‘webconfig.sharepointrsync.xml’ into CONFIG

* <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

* <actions>

* <add path="configuration/SharePoint/SafeControls">

*       <SafeControl

*             Assembly="SharePointRsync, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6ef6cf8f9143533e"

*             Namespace = "SharePointRsync"

*          TypeName="*"

*          Safe="True"/>

* </add>

* </actions>

* 3.-Activate Rsync Content Type feature at the site collection level

* 4.-Activate Rsync List at web level (its hidden in the wsp download so use stsadm)

* The two lists expected (management list and an initial sync list) were not created at this point. So I try to do it myself:

* I created a List adding  Rsync Content Type, but when I synchronize I get an error “Archivo no encontrado” (File not found).

* I don’t know what to do next.

Cristina Anasagasti Etxeita

Dpto. Desarrollo

INGESIT SISTEMAS (Ingeniería Informática)

+34.6 movil

+34.94.454.42.21

+34.94.454.14.58 (Fax)

Pagina Web: www.ingesit.com

Email: canasagasti@ingesit.com

P Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrese de que es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestra mano.

Advertencia Legal

Este mensaje y los documentos que pudieran ir adjuntos contienen información privada y confidencial, y están dirigidos únicamente a su destinatario. Si usted ha recibido por error este mensaje, le rogamos que nos lo comunique, de forma inmediata, a nuestra atención y proceda a su eliminación. Se informa a quien lo reciba por error que al tratarse de información reservada, su distribución y uso no autorizado están estrictamente prohibidos. Esta comunicación es sólo para propósitos de información y no debería ser considerada como una declaración oficial de Ingesit Sistemas, S.L. La transmisión de e-mails no garantiza que el correo electrónico sea seguro o libre de error. Por consiguiente, no manifestamos que esta información sea completa o precisa. Toda información está sujeta a alterarse sin previo aviso.

Disclaimer

This message and any attached files transmitted with it are private and confidential and intended for the recipient only. If you have received this information by mistake, please notify us this fact by e-mail replay and delete this message. You are hereby notified that any unauthorised distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an official statement from Ingesit S.L. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.All information is subject to change without notice.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM
File not found means that the solution is working properly but it is unable to access the path you are providing it. Make sure that the path is either a local (same server) sharepoint instance (http://sharepoint) or unc path (\\fileshare\.. or file://fileshare/...). After that ensure that the local machine can access these paths and finally make sure that the webclient service is installed and running on this machine.
Jul 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Checked:

- webclient service is installed and running on this machine

- the local machine can access these paths. Using the link ‘Click here for testing’ I access the local folder and Sharepoint library

but I keep getting the same error.

Thank you very much for your help.

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM
You need to make sure that what ever user your local timer job is running as if also able to access all of those paths. Often this is your SharePoint administrative account which may not necessarily be a privileged enough user to access those areas. If you are unable to figure out where the access issue is occurring you will need to open the source project in Visual Studio and drop a breakpoint in at the catch that is creating the error message. You can figure out where the error is actually being caught by searching for the text that is displayed before the ":" in the log on the list. If there is no "description: error message" error syntax then the solution is failing immediately when its is creating timer jobs, lists, or reading from the path which would all indicate permissions issues. Either way Visual Studio would be the only way to determine what those full errors are since the logging portion of this solution is really only designed to tell you how the files were copied or to throw a failure if things aren't set up properly. "The path is not a legal form" is not a message I have seen before and is not in my source (though it may be in the rpc source which could indicate a firewall issue).